Managing our direct impacts
Progress on reducing direct impacts
Ferring has 12 manufacturing sites around the world, each of which has targets set on an annual basis. In addition to this, we have global targets against which we measure our progress. The below highlights our progress on our key direct areas of impact.
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Our manufacturing sites have achieved a net reduction of 19% in GHG emissions since 2010, or 58% reduction relative to sales (Scope 1 and 2, tons CO2eq).
- We aim to achieve a further 10% reduction of GHG emissions for all manufacturing sites, by 2025.
- We have increased our share of renewable energy in our sites by 2% from 52% to 54% of total energy use in 2019.
- We plan to secure 65% of our energy needs from renewable sources by 2025.
- In the last year Ferring achieved its recycled and recovered waste target of 75.3% compared to our total waste volume.
- Our target in 2025 is to recover or recycle 80% of our total waste.
- Over the last year we have achieved a reduction of 3% in our consumption of water, against a target of 5% by 2023.
Lost Time Injury Rate (LTIR)
- Thanks to comprehensive efforts Ferring exceeded its LTIR target of 0.45 in 2019, with a rate of 0.29.
- We aim to have reduced this rate to 0 serious injuries by 2025.
Leadership Through Safety® (LTS)
- Ferring has exceeded its 2019 target of 61% trained on our LTS Programme®, reaching 81% of all employees on manufacturing sites around the world.
- Our plans for 2020 are to ensure that 100% of site based employees are trained on LTS, including ‘refresher training’ at all sites.
I love the idea of living the Philosophy... it means we’re not just a pharmaceutical company developing treatments, we’re also about doing other things to support the environment and the community, of which we are a part.Charlotte Deig, Planning Coordinator, Global HR Centres of Expertise