Ferring Women’s Council (FWC) – US
The Ferring Women’s Council (FWC), led by a cross-functional team of employees, aims to enable a culture in which women can reach their full potential, and to ensure that women’s voices are heard across all levels of the organisation.
The Council has initiated a number of projects in 2019:
- Philosophy Day at Dress for Success: We helped the Dress for Success affiliate in Madison, New Jersey prepare for their annual fundraiser by organising clothing and accessories. Dress for Success provides professional attire and development tools free of charge to help women achieve financial independence. The affiliate in Madison supports more than 1,500 women every year.
- Networking Workshop: Ferring employees attended a session where guest speaker Pat Hedley, author of ‘Meet 100 People’, shared her experience and advice on how to build a network.
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association’s (HBA) Woman of the Year (WOTY) event honoured 2019 ‘Rising Star’ Stephanie Otis.
- Sponsorship of an HBA educational event on Patient-Centricity.
- Monthly FWC Networking Lunch and panel discussion: We encouraged Ferring employees to make new connections by sitting with different people at lunch, networking and exchanging ideas; almost 80 employees attended the panel discussion on networking with other Ferring colleagues.
We created the Ferring Women’s Council (FWC) to develop female talent and spearhead programmes focused on engagement and inclusion. We have some amazing role models already at Ferring including our co-founder, Eva Paulsen, but there was a need to recognise the value and impact of women in the workplace. We want to help foster and enable a culture that helps them reach their full potential.Stephanie Otis
Senior Director, Commercial Operations, and co-founder of Ferring Women’s Council, US
Ferring Women's Council, US